Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Your Official Invitation

Why, hello there.


As you can see, here I am perched atop a 55-gallon steel barrel.  Placed directly to my left are a stack of books. I am doing this to illustrate that:

A) I'm ready for my close-up
B)  Having 55-gallon steel barrels for furniture is perfectly normal
C) I'm ready to ship a barrel loaded with awesome books to a library in Guyana that really, really needs them!

If you guessed C, you are correct!  Thank you for playing.

Yes, you guessed, it - one of these barrels will serve as a container to ship the books I've collected to Bartica, Guyana.*+

As I've attempted to portray, the barrel is large, which means it can hold lots of books.

Therefore, this is your Official Invitation to contribute to this project by donating books for the Bartica Library!

For your convenience and presumed curiosity, here are some FAQ's:


When will the books ship?

The books are scheduled to ship out of Brooklyn, NY at the end of November, 2011.  Yes, that's only 2 1/2 weeks from today!

What kind of books are needed?

Guyana is an English-speaking country, and books written in English are needed.  Ideally, books with simple, easy to understand language are best (i.e. classics and high-school level literature are preferable to War and Peace).  Children's books of every subject are needed.  Short stories, Poetry, Novels, How-To and/or Craft and Hobby books are also needed.   Do you have a favorite book?  How about writing a short inscription in a copy of it and dedicating to the Bartica Library?

I have books I'd like to donate, but they are not like what you've described.  Do you still want them?

Yes!  With such a shortage, any books are better than no books at all.

How can I donate?

Send an email to sarahzanoni@gmail.com.  We'll coordinate the best method for me to receive your books.  If you live outside Milwaukee and wish to donate, don't despair!  We'll discuss a way to make it happen.


If I can't donate books, how else can I contribute?

This is an excellent question!  Please stay tuned.



*Why only one, you ask?  Please watch for future post, "The International Book Project".

+ For more information on Bartica, Guyana, please refer to the post, "The Bartica Library".

No comments:

Post a Comment